Updated: March 18, 2020
- We ask that all patients with a fever, cough, recent contact with a COVID-19 patient, or concerns that they have coronavirus not come to the office. Please call 512-467-7151 prior to coming into the office for further instructions.
- We ask that all patients coming into the office fill out our COVID-19 screening form on the patient portal prior to arrival. If you’re are unable to do so online, you will be asked to do so on arrival.
- It is inappropriate to perform elective, or non-urgent, surgery at this time. Only emergent or life threatening surgery is performed at this time nationwide.
- We ask that post-operative patients who are doing well, without complaints or concerns, delay your in-person visit. Your surgeon will contact via phone to check on your progress, and your appointment can be rescheduled. If you have any issues which may require an in-person visit, an appointment will be available in our office.
- It is possible that soon we will not be able to schedule elective (non-urgent) surgeries, based on guidance from area hospitals and surgery centers. If you have already scheduled surgery, our office will contact you if it must be rescheduled.
- If you are concerned that rescheduling or delaying elective surgery may impact your health, please call our office and your surgeon will discuss this with you.
- If you are anticipating a new patient visit or a follow up visit for a non-urgent issue, please call our office for guidance.
- As alway, we will continue to provide surgical care for urgent and emergent issues, and for emergency room and hospital consultations.