Austin Surgeons is committed to providing safe, timely, and high quality surgical care for our patients as the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic evolves. We value the safety of our patients, our staff, and the community above all else.
- We ask that all patients with a fever, cough, recent contact with a COVID-19 patient, or concerns that they have coronavirus not come to the office. Please call 512-467-7151 prior to coming into the office for further instructions.
- We ask that all patients coming into the office fill out our COVID-19 screening form on the patient portal prior to arrival. If you’re are unable to do so online, you will be asked to do so on arrival.
- Currently our offices are operating normally and seeing patients in person in the office. We offer virtual telemedicine visits upon request. While some patients need to be examined and seen in person, we find telemedicine helpful for post-operative patients without concerns, high risk individuals and those who may have to travel far distances in order to be seen.
- While conditions continue to change, we are currently performing elective outpatient surgeries as normal at the hospitals and the ambulatory surgery centers. Surgeries requiring inpatient admission are performed on a case by case basis depending on the urgency of the disease process and the time required to recover while in the hospital.
- As always, we will continue to provide surgical care for urgent and emergent issues, and for emergency room and hospital consultations.