Dr. Lindsey was born in Atlanta, Georgia. He grew up in Austin having moved to town with his family at the age of three. He graduated from the University of Texas with a degree in biology. He received his medical school training in San Antonio at the University of Texas Health Science Center. There he was elected to the medical honor society Alpha Omega Alpha. Dr. Lindsey completed his training in general surgery at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. He moved back to Austin in 2005 to join Austin Surgeons.
Dr. Lindsey is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of the American Hernia Society, Parkland Surgical Society, Texas Medical Association and the Travis County Medical Society.
Dr. Lindsey has served as the Chief of Surgery at Seton Medical Center from 2014-2018. He has been a member of the peer review committee at Seton Northwest from 2012-2018. He is the current Vice chief of staff at Seton Medical Center.
Areas of interest and experience include:
- Gallbladder disease.
- Hernia repair such as inguinal, incisional, umbilical, epigastric and hiatal.
- Colon surgery for benign and malignant diseases.
- Benign and malignant breast disease.
- Acid reflux disease (GERD).
- Diseases of the spleen.
- Endocrine surgery including thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal gland pathology.
- Diseases of the skin and soft tissue such as lipomas, pilonidal cysts, sebaceous cyst formation and skin cancer including melanoma.
- Acute care surgery which is extensive but does include appendicitis, cholecystitis, small bowel obstructions, and other various emergencies
Dr. Lindsey performs open, laparoscopic and robotic surgery. Each case is individualized and after meeting you he will offer what he believes is the best surgical approach for your case.
Dr. Lindsey has been recognized as a Super Doctor by Texas Monthly.
Dr. Lindsey’s wife, Carrie Lindsey, is an orthodontist and practices at Smiles of Austin. They have two children. Dr. Lindsey enjoys spending time with his family and playing or watching golf.
- Medical Degree: The University of Texas Health Sciences Center, San Antonio (2000)
- Residency: The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas (2005)
- American Board of Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
- Travis County Medical Society
- American Hernia Society
- Parkland Surgical Society
Mark Lindsey is a superior surgeon. Wonderful bedside manner, extremely knowledgeable & competent. I would give him 10 stars if I could. If you need a surgeon, he’s your guy.
~ Donald S ~
We only get one body in our lifetime so it is important to find a qualified doctor, at times skilled surgeon. Dr. Lindsey is both! Three weeks ago, he repaired my umbilical hernia which is healing with no side effects nor pain. He is an excellent communicator, very attentive and has a wonderful demeanor. He took time to comfort my wife, keeping her informed. Everyone on his team who helped in the endeavor was fantastic; I feel well taken care of!
~ Kent B ~
3901 Medical Parkway
Austin, Texas, 78756