Comments: As a physician myself, I’m pretty picky about who will provide care for my family members. Dr. Glover is not only skillful at his job, but he has the best bedside manner of any surgeon I have ever met or worked with. He takes his time with his patients, educates his patients, and puts families at ease. I will always refer patients in need of a general surgeon to him. He could not have taken better care of my mother!
- Dr. Victor did my appendectomy and as far as surgery goes, it was a breeze! I was home the next day and completely back to normal within a week. He also has great bedside manner and put me at ease throughout the whole process. Everyone in the hospital and OR told me that I was getting their favorite surgeon which was very comforting and well deserved! Thank you for taking such good care of me, Dr. Victor!
- I simply cannot praise Dr. Askew enough! He is an amazing surgeon and person. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2014 at age 33, I was terrified and confused. He took me under his wing and made it all seem ok. When I got a second opinion at MD Andersen, the doctors there knew and loved Dr. Askew and encouraged me to have him perform my surgeries. He performed my port and lymph node biopsy surgery as well as my double mastectomy, and they could not have gone any more smoothly. I’d recommend him to any and everyone. Dr. Askew is the whole package!
- I was referred to Dr. Jeffrey Meynig for a hernia repair. Dr. Meynig is friendly and funny, and put me at ease before my surgery. He answered all my questions, took time to ensure I was comfortable, and had some great jokes to put me at ease. My surgery went great and they provided me with everything I needed to recover over the next couple of weeks. The staff was extremely friendly and really made me feel special. I will absolutely recommend Dr. Meynig & Austin Surgeons to my friends and family! Thank you for getting me back to normal!
- I was so impressed with Dr. Glover. He knew his information, didn’t rush my consult at all, really listened to me, discussed my choices clearly, and built a plan to perfectly fit my needs. He was patient, knowledgeable, and kind.
- Dr. Glover performed the first surgery I’ve ever had. I was extremely nervous and very scared to be put under. I must say Dr. Glover was very friendly yet professional. He helped calm my nerves. The surgery was a success. I would definitely recommend him. He’s a great doctor!
- My entire experience could not have been better. He creates a relationship with the patients and truly cares about their well-being and it shows in every action taken in that office. I am SO thrilled with the results, the work these men did will be giving me a whole new life, one without so much pain and full of so much long forgotten promise. They go above and beyond on every level, from the bed side, to operating room.
- Dr. Meynig is an excellent surgeon and a friendly man. He explains procedures clearly, and he has a good sense of humor. I’ve seen him for two surgeries, and I will ask for him again.
- I was in Austin TX when I became sick. My plan was to go back to Maryland for Surgery, where I reside fulltime. However, after meeting Dr. Meynig there was no doubt he was the surgeon for me. It was the best decision I made! Dr. Meynig is OUTSTANDING and I would fly anywhere for him. My recovery was the easiest I’ve ever experienced. He’s not only the BEST SURGEON I’ve had, but he makes you feel like you have a friend by your side from start to finish! Go see Dr. Meynig, you owe it to yourself!!
- I could not be happier with the results of the surgery Dr. Abikhaled performed on my stomach. I had no post-surgery problems and the recovery time was minimal. He described the procedure to be done in detail so that I understood exactly what to expect during the surgery, and after. This enabled me to have complete confidence and rest easily as I anticipated the procedure. His office staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating. I highly recommend Dr. Abikhaled.
- While visiting our freshman daughter at UT Austin, I experienced an acute gallbladder attack with a chronic stone in the neck of the gallbladder. Immediately upon entering the ER room, Dr. Lindsey listened to my symptoms, reviewed medical records from my hometown, consulted with me and my family and performed a laparoscopic removal on a holiday weekend. He is professional, empathetic, and a clear communicator. His kindness radiates. He made long distance follow up easy and accessible by phone.
- We only get one body in our lifetime so it is important to find a qualified doctor, at times skilled surgeon. Dr. Lindsey is both! Three weeks ago, he repaired my umbilical hernia which is healing with no side effects nor pain. He is an excellent communicator, very attentive and has a wonderful demeanor. He took time to comfort my wife, keeping her informed. Everyone on his team who helped in the endeavor was fantastic; I feel well taken care of!
R. Kent B
- Mark Lindsey is a superior surgeon. Wonderful bedside manner, extremely knowledgeable & competent. I would give him 10 stars if I could. If you need a surgeon, he’s your guy.
- Dr. Victor did a lumpectomy on me, which was a simple procedure at Seton Hospital. But, was really impressed me over the other surgeon I checked out was that he was very thorough at my visits and spent much more time with me explaining what my options were and answering my questions. He is also extremely kind, patient and competent. He was highly recommended by my gynecologist, so he has a great reputation in the medical community. Also, all the nurses at Seton that took care of me before and after my surgery spoke very highly of him!
- He had a very polite, caring manner and most of all did a great job on this simple procedure – placing a port-o-cath.
- He is awesome. If you need surgery go to him. He’s very likeable and trustworthy. Not that I ever want to have surgery again, but if I do he will be the guy to go to!
- Dr. Askew repaired a hernia for me. I had been putting off getting it fixed for over a year. Dr. Askew was recommended to me by several Austin doctor friends, including surgeons, who said they would use him if they needed a surgeon for themselves. He is very personable, explained everything and did a terrific job. What more could you ask for in a doctor?
- My wife just went through then entire breast cancer ordeal, and as one of our many caregivers Dr. Askew was just phenomenal. He is one of those rare people who have reached the very pinnacle of their profession yet are still very personable and caring. He never seems in a hurry to rush you out of his office when you have questions. Always has a positive attitude. And yes, he’s one heck of surgeon. Robert Askew is highly recommended!
- Dr. Askew did my Total Thyroidectomy in 2013. My scar from surgery is barely visible he did an excellent job! Being in the health care industry, I can say this man is very kind, he listens to your concerns and his bedside manners are bar none! I will HIGHLY recommend him!
- I had to have two lumpectomies and could not believe what a great job he did, there is hardly a scar at all. He is very kind and helpful and explained everything to my husband and me. I highly recommend him.
- Dr. Meynig took care of me during my emergency surgery. He absolutely saved my life. I can’t say enough about what an amazing person and surgeon he is. Dr. Meynig was always so kind, caring, and compassionate.
- My experience with Dr. Meynig was nothing short of excellent. I saw him over a period of time due to a long-standing illness which needed to be managed surgically and medically. He really took his time to listen to me, and gave me all the information that I needed to make an informed decision on the best route to take to manage my illness. Surgically, he has a ton of experience, stays current with treatment interventions, and practices evidence-based medicine. I had to call him more than once after hours and on weekends. Dr. Meynig was always available to answer questions, and even see me if this was warranted. He always took me seriously, and never treated any of my questions or concerns as unimportant. I never sensed that he was rushed. Overall, he is a well-rounded doctor, and an excellent surgeon.
- Fantastic bedside manner. Modern and current treatments. Excellent staff and so thorough and conscientious. I felt like I was in concerned and caring hands at all times. Thoughtful explanation of my treatment. Highly recommend!
- Dr. Abikhaled performed my gallbladder removal surgery. I was back to work in 5 days, had zero pain post-surgery except from some soreness and it’s now two weeks out and I feel great! From the moment I met him he was kind, compassionate, intentional with our doctor visits and ensured that I understood my plan of care every step of the way. I highly recommend!
- Dr. Abikhaled is a highly skilled and effective surgeon. I had 4 consults before undergoing a non-elective thyroid procedure and chose him…I am glad I did! Now, 3 months post-surgery, my scar is barely visible…expertly hidden and is much smaller than the other doctors suggested. He is thoughtful, really listens to you, takes the time to answer all questions and answers in a way that a lay-person can understand. In short: I recommend Dr. Abikhaled. He is a real pro!
- Dr. Abikhaled is an outstanding physician, insightful and informed in diagnosis, skilled in his surgical approach and caring in his manner with patients. He helped resolve a parathyroid problem that had troubled me for two years and had proven beyond the skill of twenty-five other physicians I had consulted, including those at two highly regarded institutions outside of the Austin area. I highly recommend him.
- Doctor Glover is a highly skilled surgeon. With so many things to be concerned about at the time you require surgery, it is great to know that worrying about your surgeon is not on the list. Mark Glover cares about you and your health. This is a man you want in your lifeboat.
- My recovery time was fast and easy hardly needed any pain medications. My incisions are super small and healed beautifully. I’m so grateful to Dr. Glover and will recommend him to everyone.
- As a physician myself, I’m pretty picky about who will provide care for my family members. Dr. Glover is not only skillful at his job, but he has the best bedside manner of any surgeon I have ever met or worked with. He takes his time with his patients, educates his patients, and puts families at ease. I will always refer patients in need of a general surgeon to him. He could not have taken better care of my mother!
Write Your Review
If you're interested in submitting a review for Austin Surgeons, please use the form below to do so.
Fields marked (*) are compulsory